What Weightless does:
- Allow its users [publishers] collect email addresses of people who wish to hear from them [recipients]
- Enable publishers to email recipients who have explicitly agreed to receiving email from them
What Weightless does NOT:
- Sell or otherwise abuse people's personal data for profit
- Allow spammers, scammers or other bad actors abuse its products
- Track recipients with spy pixels or other email surveillance technology
Publisher rights and responsibilities:
- You are not allowed to use Weightless in any way that goes against your local or international laws
- You are not allowed to email recipients who haven't opted in for your emails
- You are not allowed to email recipients who have unsubscribed from your emails
- You are not allowed to email recipients on topics they haven't subscribed to, for example you cannot email the subscribers of "Product A Waitlist" about "Product B" launch
- When migrating away to a different service, you are allowed to export and take your subscribers list with you
- When exporting the subscribers, you must keep and honor the unsubscribe requests
- When migrating to Weightless from a different service, you can import your existing subscribers, but they will need to confirm their subscription before you can email them
- When importing email addresses into your Weightless account, you must remove addresses of people who have unsubscribed from your emails
Breaking any of the above rules will cause the termination of your account.
Even if technically you've broken no rules, in case your emails result in significantly higher unsubscribe rates, spam reports, or complaints compared with your industry average, we reserve the right to stop sending email on behalf of you.
The above rules might seem too harsh, but generally speaking, if you are not doing anything sketchy, you have nothing to worry about.
Recipient rights and responsibilities:
- You can unsubscribe from any mailing list powered by Weightless at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email you received
3rd parties with data access
To provide our services we rely on a number of 3rd party vendors, granting them access to information required for them to function properly. We take great care when selecting such vendors to make sure their reputation, practices, and technology are in line with our standards when it comes to data protection.
- We use render.com to host our application and database. Our data is stored in their EU (Frankfurt) data center
- We use postmarkapp.com to send and receive emails, and to handle unsubscribes. Their systems have access to, and records of email message contents and email addresses from Weightless' database
- We use sentry.io for performance monitoring and error tracking. Their systems have access to a limited number of transactions processed by Weightless
We're cotinuously monitoring our product usage to prevent abuse. Weightless aims to serve the most responsible publishers who only ever message the people that wish to hear from them, with the content the people care about. Anything else we consider as misuse at best, and as abuse at worst.
Think someone sneaked through? Please let us know.